- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Awesome Healing Properties Of The Humble Pumpkin Seed
How to add pumpkin seeds into your diet
This is not difficult to do since they are readily available in stores and in pre-packaged containers or in bins for bulk-buying.
Seeds in pre-packaged containers come in various forms such as raw and shelled, raw and unshelled, roasted and shelled, or roasted and unshelled.
Raw seeds can also be purchased in bulk from in-store bin containers. However, make sure that the seeds are fresh, and there is no sign of moisture or mustiness. If possible, buy organic raw seeds, and roast them yourself. It is recommended that you roast the seeds on a baking sheet for no longer than 15 to 20 minutes to avoid damage to the essential fats in the pumpkin seeds. The oven temperature must not be above 170 degrees fahrenheit or 75 degrees celsius.
By roasting the seeds yourself, you are able to control the roasting time and temperature because studies have shown that at a higher temperature or longer roasting time can result in changes in the nutritional values of the pumpkin seeds.
Always store unused seeds in an airtight container in the fridge where they will remain fresh for up to 2 months.
Continue to Page 3