- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Eight Smoothie Recipes To Prevent Heart Attacks And Lower Your Risk Of Cancer
2. Super Blue Super Energy Smoothie
If you can, use wild blueberries for this for added nutrition and energy. If you can’t get them, no worries, frozen blueberries or fresh ones that you have frozen will work just fine.
- 1 Cup of frozen blueberries
- 2 Small bananas
- 1 Cup of organic leaf lettuce, your choice (you can use kale also if you like)
- ½ Ripe, smaller sized avocado, cut into pieces
- 1.5 Cups of coconut water
- 1 Date (pitted)
- ¼ Teaspoon of cinnamon
- ½ Scoop of plant based protein powder (optional)
Place everything in your blender or food processor and blend until completely smooth and creamy. You can add a dash of stevia if you like, but this is optional.
3. Super Recovery Smoothie
Although many people drink their smoothies in the morning, some prefer to have them post exercise. This one is designed to really help your body recover more quickly after a hard workout. This recipe makes 2 servings.
- 1 16-ounce bottle of cherry chia kombucha tea (available in most health food stores)
- 1 Cup of coconut water
- 2 Cups of organic strawberries, greens removed (freeze them for a really cold treat)
- 1 Small, organic avocado skin removed and cut into chunks
- 1 Teaspoon of turmeric powder
- ½ Teaspoon of freshly grated ginger
- 1 Pinch of black pepper (for absorption)
- 2 Cups of kale, stalks removed
- 3 Teaspoons of raw, organic honey
- 2 Tablespoons of hemp seeds
Place everything in your blender or food processor and blend until smooth. This recipe serves two.
Continue to Page 3