- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Is There Anything Lemon Water Cannot Do? (Beauty And Health Tips Are In!)
Lemons may just be the most versatile fruit you can buy. This is probably the only food item in the world that can be used for almost anything except eating in its naturally occurring form. In this article, we’ll break down a series of incredible “lemon hacks” you can use to enhance your health and your life.
Health Benefits From Lemons
Let’s begin by focusing on the nutrition and health benefits of lemons. To begin, lemons are a citrus fruit, and just like oranges, they are packed with vitamin C. The immune-boosting effects of vitamin C are fairly common knowledge. The more you get, the less likely you are to fall ill. It’s that simple. A diet rich in vitamin C will also ensure a speedy recovery from disease. Lemons also contain potassium and aid in the digestive process.
You can’t eat lemons on their own (well …you can try, but don’t say we didn’t warn you). But you can use lemon juice as a marinade or to add flavor to salads, sautéed items, and more. The most beneficial way to use lemons, however, might be to just drink the juice as part of a tonic, which can be modified depending on the specific health issue you’re trying to solve.
A tonic of lemon and water is a great way to start the day. Squeeze the juice from half a lemon into a glass of water and drink it down. The health benefits of lemon water first thing in the morning include:
- A stronger immune system
- Improved enzyme function, which helps flush out harmful toxins
- Reduced food cravings due to the presence of pectin fiber
- More energy (minus the jitters of caffeine)
- Improved digestion
- Increased iron absorption
Lemon water also has anti-inflammatory properties, which make it an effective home remedy for a sore throat or a canker sore. Try gargling some lemon juice with warm water for 30 seconds a few times a day. If you have a cough that just won’t go away, try sipping some lemon water at hot temperature and adding some honey.
Continue to Page 2