- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Is Your Computer or Cell Phone Slowly Killing You?
2. Limit You Exposure to Blue Light
There is mounting evidence to prove that blue light exposure after sundown interrupts your natural circadian rhythm. It’s also been shown to interfere with your body’s production of melatonin.
Why is this? Before the invention of electric lights, mankind mostly relied on sunlight as their time clock. They got up soon after sunrise and went inside soon after sunset. Their only source of light after dark was natural lights such as fireplaces, candles, and lanterns. All of these lights are orange lights. With electricity, we can now live in rooms that are filled with bright, white lights for hours after the sun has set.
It’s been shown in numerous studies that nightshift workers and night owls are at a higher risk of developing certain types of cancer, but new research shows that even just recreational exposure to blue light, even just for a few hours each evening, can have a really negative effect on our health. Some studies show that not only does this blue light disrupt our circadian rhythm, but it might be a contributing factor for heart disease, high blood pressure, obesity, and other chronic diseases.
You have two main means of avoiding the dangers of blue light. You can simply turn off these lights (computers, tablets, laptops, cell phones, and televisions) at least 2 hours before bedtime. Or you can invest in a pair of blue light blocking glasses. These look like sunglasses with orange lenses and they block the blue light that upsets our bodies. There are also free apps, such as Flux, that do the same thing. Of course, this won’t work on your television, but you could download it to your computers and cellphones.