- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Lose Weight Fast By Adding This One Thing
2. Healthy Whole Grains
One of the great things about whole grains is that they release sugar into the bloodstream very slowly. This will give you steady and reliable energy for long periods of time. Sugar does provide energy to the body, but when there is too much, your body simply stores it as fat. Whole grains are a terrific food that can prevent this from happening. For lowering body fat, you will need a controlled calorie diet with plenty of whole grains. Whole grains are also important because, unlike refined grains, they will not deprive the body of necessary nutrients.
3. Helps With Your Workouts
Oats are rich in soluble fiber, protein, and complex carbs that gradually release energy so that you never run dry. As a pre-workout food, oatmeal can’t be beat. One 2001 study, published in the journal Metabolism, found that male athletes who ate rolled oats with water about an hour before exercising had increased carbohydrate metabolism, kept normal glucose levels much longer than normal, and showed increased levels of performance duration. Oats contain powerful antioxidants that can help to protect the energy reserves of the body from free radicals that would use that energy instead. The B vitamins in oatmeal are also a great source of energy.
Continue to Page 3