- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Raisins Or Grapes? Dry Or Raw? Which One Is Better?
So what should you choose? Grapes or raisins?
Choose grapes if you are looking for a high vitamin and mineral content, hydration, and low calories. If you are looking to lose weight and need a filling snack, stick with raw grapes. If you are diabetic or need to watch your sugar, also choose grapes.
Choose raisins if you are okay with higher calories. If you are diabetic or need to watch your sugar, steer clear of raisins as they contain high amounts of sugar. Athletes can use raisins for an energy boost instead of processed energy snack alternatives during a competition or intense workout. If you are needing more antioxidants to boost your health, such as for heart health, healing infection, or cancer, pick raisins which have three times the antioxidant boost.
It’s best to get a balanced mix of fresh and dried fruits, since both have different benefits and drawbacks. The fact is both grapes and raisins are healthy, so incorporating both into your diet is important. You can, however, easily go overboard with raisins because of their high calorie and sugar content per serving. Balance is key, so try both!