- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
The 9 Best Oils For Cooking And A List Of The Worst Oils You Could Use
2. Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
Although olive oil is often touted for its heart healthy benefits, which no one can deny, it is not the best oil when it comes to cooking.
Olive oil is a key ingredient behind the health benefits of the Mediterranean diet. It can raise your good (HDL) cholesterol and lower the amount of bad (LDL) cholesterol in your blood. The oil is great for many things but not for cooking under high heat. Used in dressings, dips, simmering sauces (such as spaghetti), olive oil is a great choice. However, if you want to use it for frying, you would be better off using coconut oil for those foods.
Always choose extra virgin olive oil, as it has many more antioxidants and nutrients than the regular, refined olive oil. You will also enjoy the taste more. Extra virgin oil will cost you a bit more, but it is SO worth it!