- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
This Is Why You Need To Try Hibiscus Juice Or Tea
6. Aids digestion
Hibiscus tea has diuretic properties which in basic terms means that when consumed it increases urination and, (this is the key part here), bowel movements. In doing this, it flushes out your system promoting proper digestive health and is an excellent treatment for constipation and irritable bowel syndrome thanks to its anti-spasmodic effects.
7. Fights depression
Those who experience mood swings and depression know that the symptoms can be intolerable. Well hibiscus offers a natural solution to low moods and has been used for centuries as a treatment for anxiety and other mental health problems. This is thanks to content rich in vitamins and minerals which calms the nervous system in turn improving an individual’s mood.
8. Eases menstrual pain
Ladies around the world are on the lookout for natural solutions to the dreaded PMS cramps which can be very painful indeed. A nice, warm hibiscus tea is not only comforting at that time of the month but even eases the pain of the cramps! Yes, you read right. It’s because hibiscus can balance your hormones which also means it can help with other PMS symptoms such as increased appetite and mood swings. A true godsend!
So, there you have a round-up of the top benefits of hibiscus tea (or juice, depending on how you prefer to drink it) and it is evident that this one plant has a health benefit for pretty much every single one of us. Incorporate it into your daily routine to hugely complement a healthy lifestyle and you most certainly won’t regret it.