- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Top 20 Anti-Cancer Herbs and Plants
2. Grape Seed
Several studies have shown that the phytochemicals in grape seeds have anti-tumor or strong potential cancer preventative abilities that can be isolated from the seeds themselves. Proanthocyanidins are especially worth noting, as these have been found to stop pancreatic cancer cells from spreading or migrating.
One research team at the University of Colorado showed evidence that grape seed extract was effective against colorectal cancer. Extract from grape seed extract induced the death of these types of cancer cells. In fact, the more advanced the cancer cells were, the better the grape seed extracts seemed to work at limiting the growth and survival of cancer cells. Grape seed extract was not only causing the death of cancer cells, but it did not harm healthy cells.
The proanthocyanidins in grape seed extract have also been reported to inhibit the creation of new blood vessels and to arrest the growth of colon tumors. Proanthocyanidins accumulate in large amounts in the colon because they are not well absorbed in the stomach. This is good news, as the proanthocyanidins can stop cancer cells more efficiently as they build up in the colon.