- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Top 6 All Natural Stress Reducing Drinks
4. Warm or Hot Milk
This is an oldie but an effective goodie perfect for relieving stress and insomnia. This remedy has been used for eons by grandmas everywhere, but what you probably don’t know is that it’s the amino acids in milk, called tryptophan, that help you relax and feel sleepy.
5. Herbal Tea or Milk with Honey
Try adding some honey to either your tea or your milk. Honey will add some extra antioxidants and vitamins, and often induces a feeling of pleasure and contentment. Read more about benefits of honey with cinnamon.
6. Oat Straw
If you’re not much of a sipper, but more of a shot type of person, try oat straw. This is a traditional folk remedy that has been used for centuries for nervous exhaustion and depression. Now this isn’t a quick fix, but if you hold a very stressful job and undergo long periods of stress, then you should start taking this now, as it takes about 30 days for it to build up in your body and start working. You can find it at almost any health food or natural remedy store. Adults should take about 1 teaspoon of a 1:5 ratio tincture two or three times per day.