- 7 Surprising Health Benefits Of Love
- Not Only Genetics Assure Fast Metabolism, But These 7 Things As Well
- 10 Tips To Stop Consuming Fluoride, Even If It’s Not In Your Water
- How Constant Distraction Is Harming Your Ability To Retain Information
- Britain Appoints Minister Of Loneliness To Combat Epidemic
- 15 Reasons To Eat More Guavas (We Didn’t Know The Leaves Were So Healing!)
- 15 Super Foods That Naturally Lower Cholesterol (Can’t Get Enough Of #14!)
What You Don’t Know About The Flu Vaccine Can Hurt You
There is a huge amount of controversy surrounding the flu vaccine as of late. It used to be a simple matter of going to the doctor, getting the shot, pay your bill, and walk away. Recently, however, it has come to light that the ingredients contained within this vaccine are potentially more dangerous than getting the flu itself.
Or is it? There’s the controversy. For some, getting the flu causes major complications and possibly even death. During the 2012-2013 flu season it was found that the vaccines effectiveness was only 56 per cent across all age groups? In those over 65 years of age, it was only 9 per cent effective. Those really aren’t great odds, are they? While death or disability from a flu vaccine isn’t as rare as the media would have your believe.
What is a person supposed to think when you see famous people, such as New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani, make an appearance on the television, get a flu shot, and then tell you that this is the best way to stay healthy and it will ward off symptoms that might be confused with anthrax infection. What? Is terrorism even getting in the middle of our flu shots? Let’s try to sort through this maze so you can make an informed decision.
According to most doctors, this is a list of those who should definitely receive the flu vaccine:
- Persons with asthma, heart disease, kidney disease, or any other long term serious health problem.
- Anyone with an auto immune disease, immune defect, cancer, transplant, or HIV/AIDS.
- Pregnant women who will be in their second or third trimester during flu season.
- Health care workers and essential community workers.
- People who live in dorms or other types of crowded living spaces.
- Persons over 65.
It’s also important that people know exactly what is in the vaccine. It’s difficult to make an informed decision if you don’t know what is involved. Here are the ingredients in a typical flu vaccine:
- Egg protein (cell culture) This is used to grow the virus and make the vaccine.
- Formaldehyde. This is used to kill the virus however; formaldehyde is a powerful chemical and is listed as a carcinogen.
- Sucrose. (stabilizer)
- Gelatin. ( stabilizer)
- Polysorbate 80. (stabilizer)
- Aluminum salts. (adjuvants)
- Thimerosal/mercury. (preservative) Mercury is a deadly poison and extremely toxic to the body. It is used a flu vaccine to prevent contamination.
- Penicillin. (antibiotics) This is used to prevent bacterial contamination.
Continue to Page 2