- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
15 Natural Ways To Strengthen And Improve Your Memory Power
2. Do Mnemonics
Mnemonic devices are nothing more than little tools or tricks that help you remember information, words, or concepts. They can help you to organize information so that you can remember it more easily later on. Common mnemonics are:
- Chunking – Breaking up larger pieces of information into smaller bits or chunks. For example, you might remember a long set of numbers by breaking them up into a telephone format or you might remember directions in parts, like a movie.
- Acronyms – This involves using letters to spell out words such as THUGS might help you to remember to Thank Helen for Using Green’s Store or KAT for Kids at Three.
- Visualizations – You might keep a dog bowl in mind to remember to buy dog food or think about a bank so you remember to deposit a check.
- Rhymes or Songs- This is a great trick for remembering things such as a person’s name “Dan is a Raiders Fan” or when you need to remember a message, try putting into a song such as Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. Some kids are known to remember dates and other items for a test by putting important information in a song.
Continue to Page 3