- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Everyone loves the delicious foods that friends and family go to great lengths to make for us each winter. However, no one loves the extra weight that usually comes along with them.
About 70 percent of all Americans say that they put on at least 5 pounds over the holidays alone. It seems so hard to not put on weight, what with all the great food that is available this time of year, not to mention how easy it is to eat plenty of it when someone else is doing the cooking!
If you are like us, you simply can’t say no when grandma has spent all day cooking a wonderful meal. However, you can help to cut the overall winter calorie count. We have compiled a list of 12 of the healthiest, non-waistline adding meals you can make during these super cold months of winter.
Keep reading! You will want to add these to your meals this winter again and again. We guarantee that they will be a hit with both family and friends – maybe even grandma!
1. Figs and Dates
When your sweet tooth starts calling, don’t bring out the fudge, bring out some dried figs or dates. Figs are high in sugar, but it is natural sugar and they do have lots of fiber. Dates are also a terrific source of potassium and fiber. You can add dates to salads or as a topping to fruit dishes, or just eat a handful after a meal. You will never regret adding these to your winter table.
Continue to Page 2