- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
8 Proven Healing Benefits From Using Honey
2. Serves as an anti-bacterial
There are studies that have proven honey to be an effective treatment for methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus, or MRSA. This bacterial condition is resistant to most of the conventional treatments that are currently used. In fact, honey has been shown to destroy the MRSA virus at an effective rate of 70%. For general cuts and bruises you can also apply honey topically to prevent any possible infections.
3. Eliminates throat irritation and stops persistent coughing
A study that consisted of 105 children showed that one serving of buckwheat honey eliminated the kids’ night time cough with the same effectiveness as giving them dextromethorphan. In adults, the World Health Organization (WHO), confirmed that honey was able to relieve annoying coughs because it provided a thin film in the throat that protected it from becoming agitated and provoking more coughing. Honey mixed with some fresh lemon juice also proved to ease irritating coughing spells and it has a soothing flavor.
Continue to Page 3