- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
9 Great Foods You Can Add to Almost Any Dish
Super food(s) is a word that gets tossed around pretty easily nowadays. However, in this case, these truly are, and best of all, you can add at least one of these to almost anything you are cooking. Many of these will keep in your pantry for up to a year so you will almost always have some on hand. So next time you are in the mood for granola, oatmeal, salad, soup, or what-have-you, add one of these 10 fantastic foods for an added healthy boost.
1. Chia Seeds
This is a very simple food that packs a whole lot of healthy wallop! These tiny seeds are high in protein, fiber, omega-3 fatty acids, and a ton of vitamins and minerals.
They don’t have much flavor which makes them easy to add to almost anything you can think of, granola, oatmeal, salads, and smoothies, just to name a few. Soak them in water overnight to soften them up a bit.