- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Chlorella Can Be Your Detox Secret Weapon!
2. Lowers and stabilizes blood pressure
In a study published in a 2002 issue of the Journal of Medicinal Food, researchers had people with high blood pressure stop taking their medication and replace their conventional treatment with 10 grams of chlorella and 100 ml of chlorella extract. Over the course of the two-month study, 25 percent of the patients saw their blood pressure lower even further, and blood pressure levels in the other 75 percent did not return to their pre-treatment highs. Promising news given the increasing prevalence of hypertension.
3. Chlorella also has a great nutritional profile
It is a great source of B vitamins, can improve your digestion, and is also one of the richest sources of plant protein in the world. The algae is nearly 50 percent protein by mass, which is great news for vegetarians and vegans.
If you are perusing a detox program, you owe it to yourself to explore the various uses of chlorella and see how it can benefit you. It is a time-tested and scientifically proven way to clear your system of harmful contaminants and ensure you have a healthier and longer life.