- The Absolute Best People Food That You Can Share With Your Pooch
- 15 Super Foods For Women Who Want To Be Smarter, Leaner, And Stronger
- The Amazing, Edible Weed That Is Packed With Nutrition
- 5 Important Reasons Why You Should Avoid This One Type Of Food At All Costs!
- 12 Superior Herbs And Spices To Fight The Battle Of The Bulge
- 15 Reasons To Eat More Of This Delicious Tropical Fruit, And Don’t Forget The Seeds!
- The Morning Drink that will Give You a Healthy Liver
Emergency Water Purification Methods: Have Clean Water in 1 Minute!
Most of us don’t think twice about our water supply. We can buy water that has been purified or we have a purification system set up at our home. But what happens when a disaster such as a hurricane, earthquake, or some other type of problem interrupts our water supply? Or what if, when you are traveling or camping, you simply question the purity of the water you find?
Water related illness kills more than 3 million people each year! Typical symptoms after drinking contaminated water are vomiting, severe cramps, fever, and what is commonly referred to as “Montezuma’s Revenge” (diarrhea). If you should become infected with E.coli, it can be fatal and although this infection usually comes from eating uncooked or undercooked meat, you can become infected from contaminated water as well.
Perhaps the worst, and most common, source of water contamination comes from, well, fecal matter. Let’s be frank, everyone and everything poops and it takes very, very little poop to contaminate water. These are just some of the microbes that are derived from fecal waste:
- Giardia lamblia
- E. coli
Your water can also carry viruses including hepatitis A, norovirus, rotavirus, and the enterovirus.
Since you never know when you will run into a situation where you want to ensure that your water is as clean as possible, the following information is good to know, and can be vital to the survival of you and your family. Remember, if you have any doubt, purify your water. Even clear looking mountain streams can contain protozoa called giardia, which will make you violently ill.
Continue to Page 2