- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
How To Finally Put An End To Your Sugar Cravings Once And For All
4. Give up artificial sweeteners
Although you may have switched from real sugar to artificial sweeteners, you will be surprised to know that your body is still craving sugar. It is suggested that you give up sugar completely so you begin moving away from sweet things. Once away from sugar for a while, you will realize how much you were using when the foods you used to enjoy now taste too sweet to eat. If you want to start out eliminating sugar slowly from your diet you could try using stevia, which is a natural sweetener that does not affect glucose levels.
5. Make sure to eat plenty of healthy fats
Healthy fats can be found in nuts, avocados, coconut oil, eggs, olive oil, and wild caught salmon. When you eat foods in this group, you will notice that you stay full longer and your sugar levels are very even, so you will not experience highs and lows which will push you towards eating foods when you aren’t really hungry. Low blood sugar is like a false alarm; by the time you realize you ate foods you shouldn’t have, it’s too late.
6. Fresh is best
There are too many foods on the grocery shelves that have extra sugar added to them purposely to attract those who are addicted to sugar. Many foods do not require the extra sugar, but because it is such an addictive food enhancer, people begin to not only accept it, but crave it even more. Be extra careful when you see foods that are fat-free, low fat, or in any other way altered, because many times food manufacturers will add in extra salt and sugar to make up for the ingredients they have removed to make them appear healthier.
Continue to Page 3