- Top 10 Ways To Naturally Get Rid Of Unwanted Body Hair
- 15 Of The Best Kept Secrets For Naturally Beautiful Skin
- Will An Apple A Day Really Keep The Doctor Away?
- Use This One Oil To Prevent Balding, Breaking Or Graying Hair
- Aloe Vera: Recipes That Are More Than Skin Deep!
- 12 Powerful Benefits Of Sesame Seeds
- Useful Tips For Treating Eczema Naturally Video
How To Help Yourself At Home During A Shortness Of Breath Attack
What is shortness of breath?
The medical term for shortness of breath is dyspnea, which is an unpleasant condition that makes it difficult to breathe deeply enough to fill your lungs with air. It can range from mild to severe, and the experience may be frightening and cause anxiety, especially if it is a new symptom.
Fortunately, if it is not a sign of a more serious medical condition, it can often be managed at home, and you should suffer no long-term ill effects.
What are the symptoms of dyspnea?
It is important to note that dyspnea is not actually a medical disorder, but rather a symptom of an underlying condition which may or may not be serious.
Common symptoms of shortness of breath:
- The most common symptom is the inability to take a deep breath, or catch your breath.
- Uncomfortable breathing in periods of anxiety.
- A choking sensation, and a feeling of suffocation.
- A feeling of tightness or discomfort in the chest area.
- An asthma attack.
- A hiatus hernia which puts pressure on the airways.
- Pregnancy, although dyspnea is a normal occurrence during pregnancy.
The above symptoms do not usually require a trip to the doctor unless they become chronic and cause concern.
Continue to Page 2