- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Top 5 Natural Cures for Arthritis
This is perhaps one of the best herbs for fighting the effects of inflammation. The active ingredient in turmeric is curcumin, which is readily available as a supplement. To increase the effectiveness of curcumin, empty a capsule into a teaspoon of olive oil and mix, then swallow. However you can also extract it at home by using a method called golden milk.
Using a quarter cup of turmeric powder mixed in a half cup of water, heat on the stove for a few minutes, stirring constantly. Be careful not to let the paste get too dry. Once it cools down, store it in a glass container.
It will keep for weeks in your refrigerator. Use a teaspoon or more of this paste and mix with hot organic milk. Add about a half teaspoon of a good quality organic oil such as sesame seed oil, coconut oil, or sweet almond oil.
You can add a little honey or maple syrup if you find the flavor distasteful. Find out why turmeric is considered a spice that can add years to yuor life.