- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
10 Outstanding All Natural Sources of Calcium for Healthy Bones
2. Chia Seeds
Ch-ch-ch-CHIA! You might first think of those little green covered terra cotta heads when you first think of chia but these tiny little black seeds are one of the best sources of calcium you can find.
Chia seeds originate from a little flowering plant that’s related to the mint family and is native to Mexico and Guatemala. History says it was a very important food crop for the Aztecs, but was virtually unknown in North America until about 30 years ago. Just one serving of chia seeds has 18 percent of your daily recommended intake of calcium, which puts you well on your way towards avoiding osteoporosis. One ounce will get you to that 18 percent level, but since these seeds are so tiny, not to mention tasty, it’s easy to consume more than an ounce. Try putting an ounce in your morning smoothie or oatmeal, and sprinkle another ounce over your salad or soup. There are also several recipes for chia seed pudding that would make a perfect afternoon snack. Read more about smoothies with chia seeds.
So stock up on these little black beauties and get your calcium without even trying.