- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
12 Herbs To Strengthen Your Immune System Now (Before Flu Season Strikes!)
This herb isn’t well known in the U.S., but it should be. There are studies showing that astragalus assists the immune system by stimulating the production of immune cells in the bone marrow and lymph glands. This herb has also been discovered in studies to increase the number and stimulate the activity of killer cells in the body that target cancer cells. Astragalus also produces immune compounds such as immunoglobulin. One study conducted in China in 1997 found that when they gave astragalus to elderly mice, it restored their immune systems to resemble the ones found in mice that were only 10 weeks old!
These tiny flower buds not only smell great and have analgesic compounds, but they are also full of important nutrients such as fiber, calcium manganese, magnesium, and omega-3 fatty acids! Cloves are also highly antiseptic and germicidal, which can help your body naturally fight infection. Clove oil is well-known for purifying the blood and fighting viruses. Chew cloves whole, add them to your foods, or consume clove oil supplements as directed.
Panax ginseng, hailed by scientists as a rejuvenating and vitality restoring tonic, has been found to prevent upper respiratory tract infections. A review in 2012 of more than 65 studies concluded that among many other things, ginseng improves glucose metabolism as well as moderating the immune response. The active components in Panax ginseng, ginsenosides, have been shown in numerous studies to also have anti-cancer and anti-inflammatory compounds.
Continue to Page 3