- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
12 Ways to Beat Sleep Apnea Without Machines (#8 is Fun!)
This spice has been used in Ayurvedic medicine for hundreds of years as a sedative, which can encourage better sleep and help to treat breathing problems. Make your own cinnamon tea by mixing one tablespoon of grated ginger and one cinnamon stick to one cup of water. Boil for 5 minutes, strain and cool. Add a teaspoon of honey and drink each night about one hour before bed. An alternate method is to make a paste using two teaspoons of cinnamon powder and a bit of water. Apply this paste to your chest, throat and forehead. Allow to penetrate for about five minutes, and then rinse off with water. Do this each night just before bedtime for best results.
5. Try a New Pillow
There are numerous pillows for sale that will position the head and neck so that the airways remain open and clear, allowing for easier breathing. These are available online or in many medical device locations that sell other items such as crutches or wheelchairs.
This is a great home remedy for treating sleep apnea. Garlic has anti-inflammatory compounds that reduce inflammation in the respiratory system, which will improve breathing. Garlic will also prevent snoring by helping alleviate enlarged tonsils. Crush two cloves of fresh, organic garlic and allow it to sit for a few minutes, and then swallow them whole. Follow with a full glass of water. Do this once each day until your symptoms improve. Find out more about garlic benefits.
Continue to Page 3