- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
- Do You Have Gluten Sensitivity? 10 Common Symptoms
15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
Goldenseal is so popular that it has been harvested almost to extinction. Please consider growing some of these beautiful plants for your own personal use. Goldenseal was used as an overall healing tonic, stimulant, and healing potion. We know today that goldenseal has powerful immune-boosting and antibiotic compounds that are every bit as powerful as antibiotics.
This plant is still quite common and was used to treat most bug bites and stings. The Cherokee chewed the stem of the plant, and then placed the wet, mashed plant on the affected area until the swelling and pain subsided.
For pregnant women who were just days away from giving birth, the Cherokee made a tea from the leaves of partridgeberry plants. By drinking frequent doses of this tea, Cherokee healers believed that it made for an easier, quicker delivery.
Continue to Page 3