- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
5 Effective Home Remedies For A Runny Nose And Cough
2. Special teas
There are a number of different types of homemade teas you can prepare that can provide ample relief for a runny nose and other cold symptoms.
One of the most effective recipes is a simple one involving ginger and the citrus fruit of your choice (orange or lemon works best). Cut up a two- to three-inch-long piece of ginger and drop it in a small pot of water. Peel the citrus fruit and add it to the pot, then bring the water to a boil. Pour it in a mug and enjoy! It’s worth a pointing out that ginger has a VERY robust taste and a little of it goes a long way, so adjust the ginger amount to your taste. (If you choose to use an orange, be sure to eat it for extra vitamin C to boost the immune system.)
This one may sound kind of weird, but just hear us out. Take some whole peppercorns (not ground pepper) and chew them before drinking them down with some hot water. For some people, it may seem like this makes their runny nose worse, but just give it a little while to work its magic, and your symptoms will improve.
Continue to Page 3