- Building Perfect Abs Without Getting Up From Your Sofa? Here Is How! Infographic
- How To Store Your Expensive Fruits And Veggies So You Eat More And Waste Less
- Even Your Tampon Isn’t Safe Anymore
- Make Healthy Hot Cocoa From Scratch Video
- How To Treat High Blood Pressure Naturally Infographic
- Want To Live To 100? Top Tips To Do Exactly That
- Devious Name Change For High Fructose Corn Syrup
5 Of The Worst Foods Ever To Pig Out On At Night (# 8 Is Just Crazy!)
Ok, we all know that we really shouldn’t eat late at night. It piles on the pounds and can keep us awake, but some foods are super offenders.
Eating certain things late at night might sound tasty or comforting, but they can put a strain on your digestive system, give you nightmares, or even make you get up and pee more than once, interrupting your beauty sleep.
Eat a healthy dinner and try to skip the late night snacking. If your tummy is growling, however, and you want a bite to eat before you hit the hay, remember about these 5 foods to never eat before bed time.
You might that a warm bowl of that left over lasagna or spaghetti will do the trick and kill your nighttime cravings, but this one is a big no-no. Pasta is one of the most calorie dense forms of carbohydrates around. Carbs from pasta tend to end up right in your belly and show up in your waistline measurement. Unless you want to start adding new holes in your belt, save the pasta for lunch or dinner and just forget about it as a midnight snack.
2. Chocolate or Candy
Although it is true that chocolate, especially dark chocolate, is good for you, it is not a good idea to snack on it late at night. Chocolate contains things like theobromine and caffeine, which are stimulants that can keep your awake. Milk chocolate is lower in caffeine but is loaded with sugar and fats. Same with candy, doughnuts, or other sugary treats. These are simple carbohydrate foods that will seriously mess with your waistline.
Continue to Page 2