- How To Improve Concentration: 5 Most Efficient Advices
- Learn How To Use Coconut Oil For Weight Loss Infographic
- Best Essential Oils For Healing Bronchitis Naturally Infographic
- Is There A Correlation Between Creativity And Not Socializing?
- 3 Excellent ‘Because’ To Why Sprouted Grains Are Good For You
- 7 Healthy And Easy To Make Salads For Each Day Of Your Week Video
- The Science Of Alcohol Addiction
8 Super Healthy Snacks to Stash in Your Desk at Work
It’s 3PM on a workday and you know what’s coming. A major snack attack is about to hit you and what do you have to fight it off? You start rummaging through your desk and what do you find? A box of Tic Tac’s, a half a pack of sugarless gum, and one cough drop glued to the bottom of the drawer. Now if you head out to the lunch room you know you are going to deal with the vending machines and the cupcakes that Kathy in Payroll brought in, you know the leftovers from her daughter’s birthday party.
Sound familiar? The key to getting out of the above situation is to never get into it in the first place. Prepare in advance and you can have some pretty juicy snacks squirreled away in your desk, waiting for that 3 o’clock snack break.
Take a look at our list of the top 8 snacks you can store in your desk and never have to face a co-workers chocolate chip cookies ever again.
1. Peanut Butter (or Almond Butter) on Rye Crackers
This is a great combination of fiber, carbs, fat, and protein. Peanut butter may be high in fat, but it’s the good kind (unsaturated). It’s a good source of protein and that makes it a good option for vegans.
Rye crackers, or crisp breads, are both low in salt and high in fiber. You get the crunch you want, with the flavor you need. Keep a small jar of peanut butter, or almond butter if you prefer, along with a box of rye crackers in your desk and you are good to go.