- Nourishing And Moisturizing Tropical Mango Body Butter Souffle Recipe Video
- 5 Easy Vegan Ice Cream Recipes For Summertime Video
- The Beginner’s Guide To Zero Waste Living Video
- Your First Aid Kit – Herbal Essentials Infographic
- Looking Beautiful Without Makeup? Here Is How Video
- Roasted Beet Hummus – Is It Better Than The Original? Video
- Evening Habits That Are Ruining Your Sleep Video
Common, Everyday Habits that Ruin Your Liver
You already know that your liver is one of the most important organs in your body. Every single thing you eat or drink must be processed by your liver. It has a wide variety of functions and plays a vital role in just about every physiological process. Our health is directly related to the health of our liver. The good news here is that no matter what we do to it, the liver can replace damaged cells and even restore itself, to a point. The bad news here is that, after a while, the liver becomes so damaged that it cannot repair itself, especially if we continue our habits that are destroying our liver to being with!
Simple, everyday habits and foods that we are consuming can cause serious liver damage without us ever being aware of it. Are you guilty of some of these? Take a look at the top habits that are slowly killing your liver and ways you can correct this problem.
As if damage to your respiratory system and the risk of oral cancer were not enough, smoking is killing your liver as well. Cigarettes contain toxic chemicals that eventually go through your liver and cause oxidative stress, which creates free radicals. Fibrosis, a process where your liver develops excess tissue in an attempt to repair itself, is also caused by smoking. Your liver function gradually becomes less effective over time in removing toxins from the body. Do yourself (and everyone around you) a favor and stop smoking today.