- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Most Heart Attacks Can be Prevented by Just 5 Things
The authors of this study suggested that practicing all 5 behaviors together could prevent about 79 percent of all first heart attacks for men. Even performing each behavior by itself would reduce overall risk for having an MI.
Those who at a well-balanced diet with plenty of vegetables, nuts, fruit, and reduced dairy, had a nearly 20 percent lower risk compared to those who didn’t. Find out the best and the worst nuts for your health.
Many people are looking for that magic pill or potion that will prevent a heart attack or heart disease, when the truth is the above 5 healthy lifestyle factors ARE the magic everyone is looking for.
Although experts state that is uncommon to die from a first heart attack, most people who have one heart attack will have another in the future, so preventing the first one is of the upmost importance, according to U.S. News and World Report.
Unfortunately for Americans, the news is not good. It seems that only about 2 percent of our population actually practices more than one of the above 5 healthy lifestyle habits. This is a reminder that eating processed foods, junk foods, sugar filled sodas, and a sedentary lifestyle is not without its price.
SEE ALSO: 21 Foods For Healthy Heart Infographic
No matter what Big Medicine may tell you, there is no magic pill you can take that will undo all the damage caused by living an unhealthy life, especially when talking about the damage that heart attacks do to the heart muscle itself.