- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
How To Lower Your Blood Pressure Without Medication
5. Stop smoking
The good part about quitting smoking is that once you do your blood pressure will quickly get back to normal. Your lungs will also return to normal and your life expectancy will increase.
6. Cut down on drinking
You don’t have to completely stop drinking, in fact, a drink or two every once in a while is actually good for your health. Make sure you don’t have more than one 12-ounce beer, 1.5 ounces of any liquor that is around 80 proof, or wine that is more than five ounces.
7. Eliminate the stress in your life
Taking up something such as meditation or yoga, which emphasizes deep breathing techniques, can definitely help to bring down high blood pressure readings. If you have high blood pressure, you should practice your breathing for at least 5 minutes first thing in the morning and before you go to bed at night.
8. Limit your caffeine intake
You may need to check the way caffeine affects your blood pressure by checking your readings after having a cup of coffee. If you find that your blood pressure has risen by up to 10 mm HG, you may want to switch to decaf. If there is no significant change, just enjoy your morning cup of java and don’t worry about it.
Continue to Page 4