- 3 Super Nutrients For Healthier Hair (And The Foods Where You Can Get Them!)
- 17 Secrets To Getting The Perfect Summer Body Infographic
- Grill With A Thrill: The Best Grilling Spices To Use Infographic
- Everything You Need For Healthy Baking: The Best Flour, Sugar, Fat, Egg And Dairy Substitutions Infographic
- The Best Carrier Oils To Use For Acne-Prone Skin Infographic
- 5 Amazing Health Benefits Of Drinking Kombucha Infographic
- Foods To Eat And Avoid For Blackheads-Free Skin Infographic
How To Will Your Hiccups Away With Your Mind
Everyone has had the hiccups at one time. Even a baby can have a short bout of hiccups. While they are not serious, they are annoying and getting rid of them suddenly becomes your sole goal.
What are hiccups and what causes them?
Hiccups occur when the muscle in your diaphragm begins to contract involuntarily. The result is that catchy little intake of air that makes it sound like you are saying “hiccup.” This syndrome could consist of just one or two hiccups or it could go on for several minutes.
There are several things that can cause a bout of the hiccups:
- The nerves that run from your neck to your chest can become irritated,
- Chewing gum
- Eating your food too fast and swallowing a lot of air.
- Certain medications
- Stress and anxiety
- Babies can get it from crying
Continue to Page 2