- Oolong Tea: Why You Need To Try It Infographic
- Do Breast Cancer Genes Guarantee Cancer?
- Reverse Cavities And Improve Dental Health Naturally Video
- The Brain – How Can We Ensure Successful Aging?
- Phytates & Phytic Acid: Friend Or Foe?
- Honey As A Multi-Functional Cure Infographic
- 3 Delicious Ways To Make Healthy Salsa Video
How To Will Your Hiccups Away With Your Mind
Everyone has had the hiccups at one time. Even a baby can have a short bout of hiccups. While they are not serious, they are annoying and getting rid of them suddenly becomes your sole goal.
What are hiccups and what causes them?
Hiccups occur when the muscle in your diaphragm begins to contract involuntarily. The result is that catchy little intake of air that makes it sound like you are saying “hiccup.” This syndrome could consist of just one or two hiccups or it could go on for several minutes.
There are several things that can cause a bout of the hiccups:
- The nerves that run from your neck to your chest can become irritated,
- Chewing gum
- Eating your food too fast and swallowing a lot of air.
- Certain medications
- Stress and anxiety
- Babies can get it from crying
Continue to Page 2