- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
How To Will Your Hiccups Away With Your Mind
Everyone has had the hiccups at one time. Even a baby can have a short bout of hiccups. While they are not serious, they are annoying and getting rid of them suddenly becomes your sole goal.
What are hiccups and what causes them?
Hiccups occur when the muscle in your diaphragm begins to contract involuntarily. The result is that catchy little intake of air that makes it sound like you are saying “hiccup.” This syndrome could consist of just one or two hiccups or it could go on for several minutes.
There are several things that can cause a bout of the hiccups:
- The nerves that run from your neck to your chest can become irritated,
- Chewing gum
- Eating your food too fast and swallowing a lot of air.
- Certain medications
- Stress and anxiety
- Babies can get it from crying
Continue to Page 2