- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
How To Will Your Hiccups Away With Your Mind
Common home remedies for getting rid of hiccups
There are a number of home remedies that you may have heard of that are supposed to get rid of your hiccups. They include:
- Holding your breath for as long as you can.
- Drinking a glass of water as quickly as possible
- Asking someone to scare you when you least expect it.
- Pulling on your tongue.
- Swallowing a spoonful of sugar.
- Swallowing a spoonful of honey.
The good news is that no matter what method you try, your hiccups will be gone within two to three minutes, even if none of the home remedies work. It always seems that just when you are getting tired of having hiccups, they automatically stop.
If for some reason they do not stop after a reasonable amount of time, you should consult your physician. There are more serious methods of treatment they might be able to recommend to you.
Continue to Page 3