- 7 Surprising Health Benefits Of Love
- Not Only Genetics Assure Fast Metabolism, But These 7 Things As Well
- 10 Tips To Stop Consuming Fluoride, Even If It’s Not In Your Water
- How Constant Distraction Is Harming Your Ability To Retain Information
- Britain Appoints Minister Of Loneliness To Combat Epidemic
- 15 Reasons To Eat More Guavas (We Didn’t Know The Leaves Were So Healing!)
- 15 Super Foods That Naturally Lower Cholesterol (Can’t Get Enough Of #14!)
Look Out! More GMO Foods are Headed to Your Store!
With all the protests and fuss over the GMO foods that are already being pushed on the American people, you might think that the USDA would think twice, or maybe three times before they approved any further GMO foods. Sadly, this is not the case. Genetically modified apples have just been approved by the USDA, even though they have already received more than 73,000 comments from the American public that these apples are not wanted.
The new apples, called Arctic apples, were developed by the Okanagan Specialty Fruit Company, who is quite proud of their Franken-Fruit, calling it a marriage of science and nature.
This is the problem with Big Food: they fail to realize that they are rolling the dice with the health of human beings with their self-replicating genetic monsters. The USDA, also, has failed to look at the full range of risks that this new GMO apple represents. The potential for cross pollination contamination of non-GMO apples and these new GMO apples is quite high. These GMO apple trees can weaken the defenses of current apple trees.
To add insult to injury, the Okanagan Specialty Fruits Company was only too proud to announce that they will soon be able to offer GMO cherries, pears, and peaches.
These apples won’t have GMO warning labels, either. The USDA says that the name, Arctic apple, will be label enough. However, you won’t see the word “Arctic” apple on your apple juice, apple pie, or anything else that contains these apples.
Continue to Page 2