- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Look Out! More GMO Foods are Headed to Your Store!
With all the protests and fuss over the GMO foods that are already being pushed on the American people, you might think that the USDA would think twice, or maybe three times before they approved any further GMO foods. Sadly, this is not the case. Genetically modified apples have just been approved by the USDA, even though they have already received more than 73,000 comments from the American public that these apples are not wanted.
The new apples, called Arctic apples, were developed by the Okanagan Specialty Fruit Company, who is quite proud of their Franken-Fruit, calling it a marriage of science and nature.
This is the problem with Big Food: they fail to realize that they are rolling the dice with the health of human beings with their self-replicating genetic monsters. The USDA, also, has failed to look at the full range of risks that this new GMO apple represents. The potential for cross pollination contamination of non-GMO apples and these new GMO apples is quite high. These GMO apple trees can weaken the defenses of current apple trees.
To add insult to injury, the Okanagan Specialty Fruits Company was only too proud to announce that they will soon be able to offer GMO cherries, pears, and peaches.
These apples won’t have GMO warning labels, either. The USDA says that the name, Arctic apple, will be label enough. However, you won’t see the word “Arctic” apple on your apple juice, apple pie, or anything else that contains these apples.
Continue to Page 2