- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Make Your Own Herbal Liquid Hand Soap Quickly and Easily!
2. Bar Soap into Liquid Herbal Hand and Body Soap Recipe
This is a great way to turn plain old inexpensive bar soap into luxurious liquid hand and body soap. Any soap will do, even the cheapest kind, just be sure that it is real soap and not “facial bars” or “beauty bars” or any of those types of products that look and smell like soap but are really nothing more than chemicals. This is a super invigorating scent that will really get you up and going when you take your morning shower.
- 1 Bar of soap, preferably unscented, 4 or 5 ounces in size
- 8 Cups of distilled water
- 1 Ounce of dried eucalyptus leaf
- 1 Ounce of dried peppermint leaf
- Eucalyptus and peppermint essential oils
- Using a regular kitchen grater, grate your bar of soap into a bowl.
- In a large pot, bring the water to a gentle boil, then turn off the heat.
- Add the dried peppermint and eucalyptus leaves to the water and allow to sit for about 15 minutes.
- Strain the leaves from the water.
- Return the water to the stove and bring to a gentle boil once more, then turn the flame to low.
- Add your grated soap to the water.
- Stir continuously until the soap is completely dissolved in the water. This might take a while so be patient and ensure that all the soap is completely dissolved.
- Turn off the heat and allow to cool. Stir it every now and then. The soap need to thicken, which can take 8 or 10 hours, depending on humidity.
- Add your essential oils until the soap smells as strongly as you like. Start with ¼ teaspoon of each, and then add more if you like your scent a bit stronger.
- Use a funnel and pour into the appropriate container.
- If you have extra, store in a glass mason jar.