- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Natural, Non-Toxic Oils that Work Like Sunscreen
1. Red Raspberry Oil
This might be one of the best choices, even if is a bit hard to find. This oil has a high SPF (somewhere in the 30 to 50 range), which makes it better than chemical-laden sunscreens. In fact, you will find that many beauty products contain red raspberry oil because it is so good for the skin. This oil is very high in vitamin E, which regenerates and repairs the skin. This oil is also very stable, which means that it won’t spoil or go rancid before you can use it up this summer.
This oil would be perfect if it smelled like the fruit, but alas, it doesn’t. If you find it has a rather strong smell for you, don’t despair. It dissipates within an hour once you apply it.
2. Carrot Seed Oil
This oil is super concentrated, so if you like, you can mix it with another oil to help it go a little further and still be able to use it as an everyday sunscreen. The concentration can vary but the SPF is somewhere in the 30 to 40 range, which is on par with commercial sunscreens. This is another oil that you will find in numerous lotions and face creams due to the high level of nutrients like beta-carotene and vitamin A.
Now a word of warning: If you use too much pure carrot seed oil, you will get some nicely tanned, but orange-tinted skin.. So you should seriously consider diluting it with coconut oil or sweet almond oil — unless you want to look a bit like a giant carrot.
3. Almond Oil
This beautiful golden oil from almonds is very easy to find and makes for a light, non-greasy sunscreen. Almond oil has an SPF of about 6 to 10, which is perfect for short outings.
Continue to Page 3