- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
The Top 25 Almost-Magical Uses For Rosemary Essential Oil (#25 Is The Best)
3. Stop Headaches
Many people find that rosemary essential oil can help relieve the pain of headaches and migraines. You can apply one drop to your temples and massage it in well for a few minutes, then cup your hands over your mouth and breathe in the pain-relieving scent of rosemary for a few more minutes.
4. Relieves Joint Pain And Muscle Aches
The scientific advisory board in Germany is called the German Commission E. They have recently approved rosemary essential oil for the relief of pain from both arthritis and muscle aches. You can add a few drops of rosemary essential oil to a tablespoon of your favorite carrier oil, such as coconut oil or olive oil, and use it as an anti-inflammatory massage oil. If you don’t have sensitive skin, apply it directly to the aching joints and muscles.
5. Instant Relief From Coughs and Colds
The most annoying symptoms of colds are the runny nose, cough, and congestion. You can find relief from most of these symptoms by massaging a few drops of rosemary essential oil on your throat, chest, and under your nose every three or four hours. Rosemary is a natural antiseptic, which makes it the perfect oil for those suffering from respiratory infections. You can also put rosemary oil in a room diffuser.
6. Stop Dandruff In Its Tracks
Rosemary oil also has powerful anti-fungal compounds, which makes it perfect for those who suffer from dandruff. Simply add about eight to 10 drops of rosemary essential oil to every eight ounces of your favorite shampoo, and massage it into the scalp every time you shampoo.
7. Natural Mouth Wash
Most commercial mouthwashes contain alcohol, which dries out the mouth and kills the good bacteria in the mouth, only making problems worse. Rosemary has anti-microbial compounds that will kill the bad bacteria, fight tooth decay and gum disease. Simply mix one cup of distilled water with 20 to 25 drops of rosemary essential oil. If you like the minty flavor of most mouthwashes, you can also add 10 to 15 drops of peppermint or spearmint oil. Shake well before each use.
Continue to Page 3