- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
10 Bizarre Things That are Killing Your Gut
Although there is no denying that there are times antibiotics have saved countless lives, using them causes damage to your gut. Antibiotics do not differentiate between good and bad bacteria, they simply kill all bacteria. Don’t take unnecessary antibiotics. If your doctor prescribes some, ask him if they are really necessary.
If you must take them, be certain that you take the entire course to avoid creating superbugs. While you are taking antibiotics, also be sure to consume a product that contains saccharomyces Boulardii, such as Florastor, and continue to consume it for a full two weeks after you stop taking the antibiotics. This will help stop an overgrowth of yeast and help the body build new microbiomes in the gut. If you want to take probiotic supplements, be sure to take them an hour or two after you take the antibiotic, not at the same time. Those antibiotics will simply kill off the probiotics, so it’s a waste of time and money.