- 6 Things In Your Everyday Life That Are Dirtier Than A Toilet Seat Video
- Face Care: Do’s And Dont’s For Naturally Beautiful Skin
- 4 Tips To Make Sure You Are Getting The Most Value From Olive Oil
- DIY Natural Organic Make Up Ideas And Recipes Infographic
- Everything You Need To Know About Slow Cookers Video
- Radish: 13 Facts To Say ‘Yes’ To This Vegetable! (And Bonus Recipe!)
- 3 Super Nutrients For Healthier Hair (And The Foods Where You Can Get Them!)
10 Foods That Are More Effective Than Most Prescriptions
In an article published in The Washington Post, more than half the adults in this country take prescription drugs. From 2000 to 2015, the number of people on medication increased to almost 60 percent. That means that three out of every five people depend on prescription medication to stay healthy.
What if you didn’t have to plunk down your cash every 30 days to get your refill? And what if you found out that there was an alternative that not only may be better than your prescription, but that can be found right at your grocery store instead of your pharmacy?
There are many foods that our grandparents viewed as being both food and medicine back in the day. Real fresh fruits and vegetables were not just side dishes, but rather powerful items that could actually help you to not only get healthy, but maybe even save your life.
Here are 10 foods that will have you rethinking their nutritional benefits and appreciating their value as a healthy alternative to prescription meds.
The nutritional content of avocados is impressive: Vitamins K, C, E, B5, and B6; plus folate, and more potassium than a banana. They are rich in monounsaturated fatty acids, which are good for your heart; they are loaded with fiber; and they are high in antioxidants. Test results showed that people who consumed avocados were able to reduce their bad cholesterol by 22 percent and raise their good cholesterol by 11 percent. Another study showed that the extract of an avocado helped prevent prostate cancer cells from growing. You can easily get more avocados into your diet by making guacamole a regular snack.
Continue to Page 2