- A Simple Illustrated Guide To Making Your Own Almond Milk Infographic
- The Reason Behind The California Hepatitis A Outbreak
- Discover Best Essential Oil Blends For Fighting Insomnia Infographic
- An In-Depth Look At The Benefits Of Veganism Infographic
- Fruit And Aloe Vera Smoothie Elixir
- The Connection Between Your Height And Blood Clots In Veins
- Simple And Effective Trick To Stop Common Cold In Its Tracks Video
10 Natural Methods that Can Help with Insomnia
If you have ever had insomnia, or even trouble falling asleep, then you are well aware of the frustration it brings. When you’ve had one of those nights where you’ve been awake most of the night and you start to wonder how on earth you are going to function at work? How are you going to make it through the day on such little sleep? What happens if you can’t fall asleep again tonight?
Insomnia can have a huge impact on your health, too. Those with insomnia are up to 4 times more likely to have depression, have a higher risk of heart disease, much more likely to have an accident on the road or at home, and are more likely to miss work.
You need at least 7 hours of sleep every night but insomnia can interrupt this much needed down time for the body. More than one third of Americans say that they can’t get enough sleep in order to function well during the day.
Although insomnia is one of the least understood sleep disorders, there are some tried and true ways to help break insomnias grip on your life. Check out the top 10 all natural remedies that can have you sleeping like a baby.
1. Keep a regular schedule
One of the best ways to handle insomnia is to train your body to sleep. To do this, you need to keep a strict schedule of when you got to bed and when you wake up, even on the weekends. If you find you can’t sleep one night, make yourself get up at your regular time and don’t nap during the day. That night, go to bed at a set time, even if you don’t feel sleepy. Infants are often trained to sleep through the night this way. If it works for them, it can work for you!