- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
10 Natural Methods that Can Help with Insomnia
2. Try 5-HTP supplements
Some sleep experts believe that a lack of tryptophan is what causes sleep problems. 5-HTP is made from tryptophan and it helps your body to make serotonin.
This is a vital compound for helping you to sleep. Low levels of tryptophan are very common in people who depressed. If you believe your insomnia is linked to your depression, then you might want to try taking this supplement to improve your body’s production of serotonin.
SEE ALSO: Sleep Deprivation 101: How do you Grade?
In one study, subject too just 100mg of 5-HTP and found that they not only fell asleep, but they slept longer and better than they ever had before.