- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
10 Rules Happy Couples Follow When They Argue
2. Really Listen To Your Partner
Even when you don’t understand or don’t agree with your spouse, you can still respect them. Try putting yourself in their shoes in an attempt to understand where they are coming from. Really listen to your partner. Turn your body towards them, turn off the TV and your phone, and really listen to what they are trying to tell you.
3. Don’t Attack The Person, Address The Problem
Always remember that your partner is on your side! You should always be supportive and respect your partner, even when you don’t agree with them. It’s easy to become frustrated and call your partner names or accuse them of being the problem. Try to make the problem itself be the focus of your discussion, and remember that your main goal is to find a solution together. If you have to choose between not hurting your partner and being right, choose your partner.
4. Encourage Honesty When Talking
If you fly off the handle every time your partner says something you disagree with, why should you be surprised when they stop talking to you? Encourage your partner to be honest and transparent in how they feel. Make them feel safe when they talk to you. Even if you disagree, you can tell them you want to hear what they have to say and that you will love them anyway.
Continue to Page 3