- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
12 Best Herbs for Acid Reflux
3. Fenugreek Seeds
A study performed in India in 2002 found that gel fractions and aqueous extracts of fenugreek seeds provide a protective effect on ulcers and work even better than the drug Omeprazole. Fenugreek seeds work like a sponge, soaking up gastric acid. One of the great things about these seeds is that they are easy to use. No need to brew a tea or soak them overnight, simply sprinkle them over your food and they go right to work.
Generally consumed by being made into tea, fennel is one of the best means of fighting acid reflux. This herb works by improving your overall digestive process and works at preventing reflux before it begins. The active compound in fennel is anethole, a substance that calms and soothes the digestive tract, preventing spasms in the intestines. You can drink fennel tea before or after a meal, or simply chew it fresh after meals.
Turmeric has gotten a great deal of attention lately because it offers the body so many healing elements. As luck would have it, turmeric also works well for the treatment of acid reflux. The active ingredient in turmeric, curcumin, stops inflammation, which means you will have instant relief from gas and bloating. Turmeric is also well-known for its antioxidant, disease fighting, and toxic eliminating compounds.
Continue to Page 3