- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
12 Herbs For Relaxation, Stress Relief, And Common Sleep Disorders
2. California Poppy
California poppy is a mild sedative that can help to relax you just enough so that you can fall asleep more easily. If you find that this herb is not strong enough, add some valerian or lavender to your tea to help you fall asleep faster than counting sheep.
The root from valerian plants have long been used as a sedative and in anti-anxiety treatments. This is a common ingredient in many over-the-counter products that are designed to be sleep aides. Valerian improves the quality of sleep while helping you to fall asleep more quickly. This is most commonly consumed as a tea, but it is also available in supplement form. If you choose a supplement, start with the smallest possible dose.
This is perhaps the most common herbal sleep aid in the world. This herb has been used for thousands of years as it reduces feelings of anxiety and induces sleep. Even the FDA considers chamomile to be safe with no side effects. This is commonly sold in a tea form. Drink one cup of chamomile tea 30 to 45 minutes before your bedtime.
Continue to Page 3