- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
12 Incredible Uses For Patchouli Oil (#6 Is So Hippie Cool!)
The scent of patchouli is incredibly soothing and can ease tension headaches simply by placing one drop on each temple and massaging it into the skin for about a minute. You can also massage some on reflex points on the hands or feet, or simply rub a few drops between your palms and take some deep breaths. Sweet relief!
2. Insect Repellent/Insecticide
Although most ants are just a pain in the kitchen, some species bite and can leave terribly itchy, inflamed skin behind. Other ants, when they invade the house, are a huge bother. You don’t want to use chemical insecticides, however, especially inside! Using patchouli oil is a great way to keep ants at bay, and it is also terrific at killing dust mites. If you have allergies, this is the oil for you.
Mix eight ounces of water in a spray bottle with half a teaspoon of castile soap and 12 drops of patchouli oil. Shake well before each use and spray on ants, their trails, and on entryways into your home, such as under doors or around windowsills. To kill dust mites, add half dozen drops of patchouli oil to your final rinse in the washing machine to kill dust mites on sheets and other linens. You can also add a few drops to your vacuum cleaner bag to kill mites that end up in there as well.
You can use patchouli oil to stop wrinkles by adding two drops to your regular face cream or by mixing two drops of patchouli oil into one tablespoon of coconut oil or jojoba oil. Apply each night before bed for some sweet-smelling, anti-wrinkle power.
Continue to Page 3