- 10 Everyday Mistakes Even Healthy People Make
- Does Obesity Make Your Brain Age Faster?
- Pineapple Juice Vs Cough Syrup?
- 10 Recipes For Natural Face Masks For Dry Skin
- The Dangers Of Heartburn And Acid Reflux Drugs They Never Tell You About
- Top Tips and Herbs That Will Keep You Warm this Winter
- 10 Super Relaxing and Cleansing Detox Bath Recipes (#5 is Luscious!)
12 Incredible Uses For Patchouli Oil (#6 Is So Hippie Cool!)
If you are looking for a great all-around essential oil that doesn’t smell so “girly,” then patchouli oil is for you. This oil comes from the hand-picked leaves of the perennial herb pogostemon cablin, which is native to Sumatra, Java, and Southeast Asia..
Patchouli is the same family as sage, mint, and lavender. After being harvested, the leaves of this plant are left to ferment for a while before being put through a steam distillation process. Unlike other essential oils, patchouli improves with age. Although it might change color from a light gold to darker amber, the scent and healing properties only get stronger.
The active ingredients in patchouli oil are a-guaiene, a-bulnesene, and patchoulol, which provide us with health benefits as well as that distinctive, incredible scent! Patchouli oil is also high in sesquiterpenes, which have the ability to pass the blood-brain barrier, making it ideal for allowing your body to heal itself.
“Modern Essentials” states that patchouli oil has the following properties:
- Digestive stimulant
Keep reading and find the top 12 ways you can use patchouli oil to improve your health and the health of your family.
Continue to Page 2