- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
12 Little Known Facts About Okra (We Were Shocked by #8!)
4. It’s Waistline Friendly
Okra is very low in calories, with a mere 30 calories per 100 grams! However, since this food is full of fiber, it can definitely fill you up without filling you out! Okra has absolutely no cholesterol or saturated fat either. Add more okra to your meals to help support your weight loss efforts or to maintain a healthy weight!
5. Rich in Important Antioxidants
These little green pods contain more healthy antioxidants than you can shake a stick at! You can’t lose with antioxidants like xanthine, lutein, and beta-carotene for healthy eye sight and beautiful skin. Studies have linked a diet high in these types of antioxidants with the prevention of cataracts.
6. Supports the Immune System
This little vegetable is loaded with vitamin C, which is vital for the support of a healthy immune system. Okra has even been linked to the prevention of viruses like the common cold and influenza. Vitamin C is also a natural anti-inflammatory, so it can reduce coughs, the symptoms of asthma, and arthritis pain.
Continue to Page 3