- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
12 Natural Remedies to Beat Urinary Incontinence (# 6 is fantastic!)
7. Vitamin D
In a study published in Obstetrics and Gynecology in 2010, women who had higher levels of vitamin D in their blood had a lower risk of developing urinary incontinence problems. The best way to get vitamin D is to soak up some natural sunlight for 10 to 20 minutes each day. If you can get early morning sunlight, so much the better. Also, try eating more foods that are rich in vitamin D, such as eggs, oysters, fish, cheese, and other dairy products. If you live in an area that gets very little sunlight or if there are other problems that prevent you from getting natural sun, you can take vitamin D supplements.
This is a traditional herbal tonic that is designed to treat urinary problems. This herb often recommended to treat overactive bladder and cystitis. Cleavers also protects you from bladder irritation as it coats and soothes the lining of the bladder. Make some cleavers tea by steeping two teaspoons of this herb in one cup of hot water for 10 to 15 minutes, strain, and drink 3 cups each day.
Performing yoga can help to tighten up the muscles that control the urethral sphincter and provide similar benefits to performing Kegel exercises. Yoga is also good for relieving feelings of depression and anxiety.
The journal Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery found in a 2014 study that women who practiced yoga during the 6 week study program helped them to control their urinary incontinence. All women in this study stated that they had an overall 70 percent reduction in episodes of urine leakage.
Continue to Page 5