- Microplastics: What’s The Big Deal About Them? Video
- 2020: Will 5G Network Be Damaging?
- This Diet Removes Uric Acid From Your Joints Best
- Top 5 Exercises To Burn Belly Fat And Get A Flat Stomach Video
- Nourishing And Moisturizing Tropical Mango Body Butter Souffle Recipe Video
- 5 Easy Vegan Ice Cream Recipes For Summertime Video
- The Beginner’s Guide To Zero Waste Living Video
12 Natural Ways to Beat IBS (# 9 is SO Simple!)
IBS, or irritable bowel syndrome, sometimes called mucous colitis or even spastic colon, is a gastrointestinal disorder caused by an irregularity and irritability in the function of both the large and small intestines.
Sufferers typically share the common symptoms of:
- Gas and bloating
- Feelings of fatigue, sometimes extreme
- Mucus covered stools
- The urge to have a second bowel movement within minutes after having one
- Abdominal cramps and pain
- Nausea, most notable after eating
- Anxiety or depression
- Diarrhea or constipation, often with alternating bouts of each one
It has been estimated that one in every 5 Americans suffers from IBS, which makes it one of the most commonly diagnosed health problems. It tends to affect women more than men, and generally starts in the late teens or early 20’s. For some people, the symptoms are mild and they don’t associate their issues with a chronic disorder. For other people, IBS becomes so severe that is disrupting to their everyday life.
Some of the most common triggers that anyone with IBS should avoid are:
- Citrus Fruits – All citrus fruits appear to trigger an attack, but oranges and tangerines appear to be the worst offenders for most people
- Gas Producers – Those with IBS already suffer from bouts of painful gas, they don’t need foods that create more such as cabbage, beans, and broccoli
- Dairy Products – Most IBS sufferers are lactose intolerant, so avoiding milk and dairy products, other than yogurt and hard cheese, is a good idea
- Spicy Foods
- Sugarless gum and candy – Especially those made with sorbitol
Since there is no cure for IBS, it’s easy for those afflicted with this disorder to become frustrated and depressed.
There are solutions, however. If you are having a hard time dealing with IBS, we have a list of 12 natural ways you can try that can offer some relief from your symptoms.
Continue to Page 2