- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
12 Natural Ways To Prevent Hair Loss (We Love #5!)
4. Onion Juice
This method has been used for hundreds of years to stimulate hair growth. It won’t win you any sweet-smelling contests, but you will have hair to die for. Onions contain a high sulfur content, which improves circulation as well as reducing inflammation. Onions have been proven to regrow hair. The Journal of Dermatology published a study in 2002 showing that 74 percent of those who applied onion juice to their scalps experienced significant hair growth.
To use this method, grate an onion and strain it, or put it in your juicer. Apply the juice directly to your hair and scalp. Allow this to sit for 30 minutes, and then shampoo your hair as you normally would. Use this method two or three times each week for best results.
Perhaps the easiest and most common way to encourage new hair growth, as well as faster hair growth, is to perform scalp massages on a regular basis. Massaging your scalp will improve blood flow to the scalp and hair follicles, strengthening the hair roots.
Using oils will further stimulate and strengthen the hair follicles. There are several types of oil that are known to stimulate hair growth:
- Coconut oil – Used throughout India, this oil seals the hair and prevents loss of moisture.
- Sweet almond oil – This is nutritious oil is loaded with vitamins E, D, magnesium, calcium, and iron.
- Castor oil – This is another super nutritious oil that is loaded with omega-3 fatty acids.
- Olive oil – Super rich in antioxidants, this oil penetrates the hair shaft better than any other oil
- Argan oil
- Wheat germ oil
- Emu oil
You can put a few drops on your scalp and use your fingertips to massage the oil into your scalp or use a scalp brush, which provides some gentle pressure to your scalp. You can find scalp massagers almost everywhere. Better still: Get your significant other to massage your scalp for you! Of course, you don’t have to use oil, but it certainly helps. It also feels wonderful! Be sure to massage your scalp at least once a week for best results.
6. Flax Seeds
Flax seeds are loaded with omega-3 fatty acids, which have been shown in studies to not only encourage hair growth, but to prevent hair loss as well. You can use flax seeds both internally and externally. Grind one tablespoon of flax seeds and either add it to your morning smoothie or mix it in a glass of water. Drink this once each day. You can also massage flax seed oil into your scalp once or twice a week to help strengthen your hair.
Continue to Page 3