- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
12 Of The Best Herbal Antibiotics On The Planet
Yes, thyme. This is a powerful antibiotic that has been used since ancient times. Thyme is often used for those suffering from arthritis, sore throats, whopping cough or persistent coughs, and bronchitis. Hippocrates even used thyme in his practice for respiratory issues. This popular herb contains compounds known as biocides, which destroy pathogens in the body. Thyme has strong antimicrobial compounds that scientists at the University of Manitoba, Canada, say can reduce bacterial resistance to other commonly used antibiotics.
This powerful anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, antifungal, and antibacterial herb can be used to help stop hepatitis, ulcers in the intestines, viral infections such as influenza, and improve the digestion. Licorice also stimulates the immune system and works very well when used in combination with other herbs. Herbalists believe that using licorice root, rather than extracts, tend to work better and have fewer side effects. Licorice root can cause some people to have increased blood pressure and water retention. Licorice should be used with caution by those with hypertension. Consult your doctor if you are taking any prescription drugs before using licorice as a supplement.
Well known for its ability to stop nausea in its tracks, ginger works best when it is consumed raw. Ginger can stop diarrhea, and has powerful anti-fungal compounds that can help clear the body of candida infestations when consumed regularly. When consumed in moderate quantities, ginger is super safe, although it can interact with other prescription drugs so be sure to check with your doctor before using. Read more about ginger benefits.
Continue to Page 3